I will answer the following questions separately.
1. Why study media? Why have you chosen to be a media student/scholar?
A: Actually I am studing a branch of media which is the film and video. The reason to study media is because: first, that's my interest. It's hard to say why this interest built up. I just feel when I study the media part or work for media, I will become energetic. Now I am doing the film and video production. When I see the camera or go into the editing room, I feel I am the citizen of this world. Thus, probably I am born for the media. The second reason I think is because media is a field working WITH people, working FOR people, and working ABOUT people. We are all people, and media contains all the way related to people. And media has saturated people's life to become an essential tool. I want to know more about the heart of each person and how media influence peopl. So that that's a very important reason pushing me to study media.
2. What have you learn as a media student? How media inform your life?
A: Basically, I have learned all kinds of media like newspaper, TV, film, radio and so forth. But I focus my attention on film and video part. As a video student, I gradually grow to reach the professional in video. I think median saturates all the people's life, including me. I can live withou media for one day. When I wake up, I will turn on the computer to check email, surf the Internet. And I have to know the news everyday. When I am driving, I will listen to the radio. After class, I will go back to watch TV. Actually I get in touch with all kinds of medium. I think one imporatant function of media is to bring me information everyday. If I don't have media, I think I will be out of the world.
I feel the same way about needing to stay connected. If you're cut off from news for a day you fall behind and in today's world its so important to stay ahead of the game. Everything moves so fast and you have to keep up!
ReplyDeleteI'm also in the film/video branch of the media school. Its definitely easier to get excited about the work than other classes. I'd much rather work on my media homework than my math homework! I think I was also born for media :)
Yes, the kind of energy that gets generated is surely a sign that you're on the right path (in a Jackie Chan sort of way :)). What kind of things do you watch after a long day of shooting/lighting/editing? Do you think the way you look at TV (notice I did not say "watch") differs substantially from that of the average person?
ReplyDelete